Monday, January 30, 2012

Preface......

Well, I guess to start out I should begin by saying that my son is no longer a "newborn." Not that he ever really was....due to his size, appetite and personality...but he has now moved on to infant at 6mo old.
                                                                 6MO?!?!?
         At this point, I am still trying to figure out how I got him out of me, let alone how he has made it to this age safely and healthily. If you are anything like me, and the last few months have just been a daze, then you understand what it is I'm talking about.

         Finally, we have reached a stage where we are consistently sleeping throughout the night. Up until now it has been a few days of restful wonderful peaceful glorious sleep and then its up at anywhere between 2am and 4am.....stumbling through the black abyss never to know which torture device you may stub on our way into the baby's room. But all and all I must say that I never thought I would be so "lucky" (knock on wood) He can sleep 12 hours straight at night.....and if he does wake up on those occasions he doesn't stir enough for the monitor to pick it up.
        Truly up until this point I thought parenting was going to kill me. Granted women have been doing this since the dawn of time. But I couldn't see me making it through the first month let alone the next 18 years. Between feeding issues, pooping catastrophes, no sleep and being a full time student as well; I wasn't sure where I was getting the energy to do it all and was very certain that one day it was going to cease.
        But, alas we made it here and I am sure that though things are about to get much more interesting and exhausting with the upcoming realization of self-movement, we will figure out how to survive.
        And as I have successfully done so far, SO SHALL YOU! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment